ArcGIS Online Implementation Brings Web Maps to C-Spire
Headquartered in Mississippi, C Spire is the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider. C Spire provides wireless service to nearly a million commercial and residential consumers across more than 7,000 miles of fiber infrastructure.
Improving Workflows by Standing Up ArcGIS Online
Inthe past, C Spire had used a combination of Google Earth and KMZ files to manage network data. A typical workflow would require opening Google Earth, loading a KMZ file, and querying within Google Earth.
C Spire had invested in ArcGIS Online, however, and wanted to streamline its data use and workflows on a single enterprise GIS platform. It sought a vendor with experience in:
- Standing Up ArcGIS Online
- Creating Telco Web Maps
- Guiding Best Practices / Use Cases for Telco Web GIS
- Recommending Enterprise Use Cases for ArcGIS Online
- Consolidating Data into a Single Geodatabase
Why SSP for ArcGIS Online?
C Spire hired SSP because of SSP’s proven track record of success with web GIS. SSP was the 2016 winner of Esri’s Web GIS Expansion award.
Results of ArcGIS Online Implementation
After a week of collaboration, SSP and C Spire successfully stood up ArcGIS Online as well as doing the following:
- Migrated sales to ArcGIS Online from Google Earth
- Built several telco web and web-editing maps
- Piloted a Collector for ArcGIS use case
- Performed knowledge transfer for future web map use
- Identified opportunities for enterprise-wise leveraging of ArcGIS Online
- Data Modeling
- Data Consolidation
- Work Flows
- Departmental Use Cases
- Use Cases for Esri Telco Solutions