SSP Workforce Management (WFM) is a work design and management tool for small- and medium-sized utilities that allows them to gain the major benefits of a centralized work management system for a reasonable investment price. Our goal with WFM was to create a product that was intuitive and easy-to-use while providing significant functionality for our users.
WFM has some history that is worth sharing. Many mid-sized utilities have evaluated the various work management and asset management systems available on the market today. These systems are often costly and have a very broad focus. Many utilities have found that the larger systems do not provide enough targeted functionality, may not provide an intuitive user interface, and are often out of their price range. SSP developed WFM to fill this gap.
WFM is a fully configurable, web-based application that fullfills the majority of the requirements that are common to work design & management. It was designed and developed in conjunction with real utility operations users which allowed us to focus on how make your jobs easier. SSP WFM now includes many different modules covering every major department within a utility. To learn more about how WFM can benefit your organization, please read on into the below sections which include tailored descriptions and screenshots.
- Work/Service Request Workflow - WFM provides a fully configurable workflow for your work/service request and orders. Each implementation begins with the documentation of your workflow which can then be built into the product using the WFM Admin Tool which allows utilities to define the job statuses, transitions, and security that make up your business.
- Compatible Unit Management - Whether you use RUS standards or a custom CU library, WFM will let you manage your CU's in a straightforward and intuitive format. This begins with the WFM modules to enter and maintain the building blocks that make up work - Material, Equipment, and Labor. These resources are then combined to build a CU.
- Estimating Tools - WFM provides an estimating engine based on best practices of utilities. Job estimates can be created directly within the web-based estimate tool which allows users to add CU's, materials, or contract items. The system will maintain the current costing as the estimate is built and provides three different estimate views.
- GIS Integration - While WFM can be implemented without GIS integration, we believe connecting these tow environments provides maximum value to a utility by enabling your process with graphic design tools. WFM has a number of GIS integration points including various validation points (address, location, asset numbers) as well as a completely pre-integrated interface to Telvent Designer and Esri ArcGIS.
- Material Ordering - WFM supports various approaches to material ordering or reservation. At the most basic level, WFM can generate an automated email with a material picklist sent to the warehouse. In more advanced implementations, WFM can be directly integrated to your material system to reserve material stock items against the work order.
- Reporting - WFM provides a number of standard reports out-of-the-box in addition to a framework for developing custom reports to meet your specific requirements. WFM's basic and advanced search tools can be utilized to locate work orders within the system. The result sets can be easily exported to Excel or used to drill into the details of each work order.
- FERC/Plant Accounting - The finance close process allows utilities to add or remove assets from continuing property records (CPR) and the general ledger based on FERC, CPR, and/or Plant accounting codes. WFM allows for these asset tracking codes to be set at the CU level. Every utility's process is slightly different and SSP can implement a data export, report, or integration to provide the accounting data your organization requires.
In addition to the above major areas the SSP WFM solution provides these key benefits:
- Customizable Data Panels Based on Work Order Type
- Fully Configurable Work Request Lifecycle From Creation Through Closeout
- Wizard-Driven Status and Event Updates
- Capital & Maintenance Project and Charge Code Management
- Workflow Document Management System
- Interactive Comments to Facilitate Effective Project Communication
- Role-Based Authorization Powered By Microsoft Active Directory Authenticating
- User and Group Work Assignment Queues with Designated Approval Chains
- As-Built Tracking Based Off of Estimate
- Reports Including Cost Estimates, Field Work Packets, Estimates vs. Actuals, and Work Aging
- Basic and Advanced Work Request Search Tools
- Full Audit Tracking of User Edits and Lifecycle Events