Maximo-Designer™ Integration Streamlines CoServ Capital Work Process
Texas utility wanted its graphic work design tool (Designer™) to communicate with its work management tool (Maximo) to streamline capital work projects from creation to as-builts and billing
CoServ Electric is the second largest electric cooperative in Texas. Organized in 1937, CoServ Electric just set its 200,000th meter in 2016. In the same year, CoServ Gas set its 100,000th meter.
CoServ Seeks Greater Efficiency with Capital Work Requests Management
The second largest Texas co-op CoServ uses Designer to generate graphic work designs for new capital work requests. CoServ uses Maximo to manage the work related to these projects as they are approved.
CoServ wanted Designer to integrate with Maximo to streamline the sharing of information related to capital work requests and work management. The co-op desired several integration points:
- Maximo → Designer: Initialization of the Designer Work Request from the MXE Work Order
- Maximo ←→ Designer: Data updates between the MXE Work Order and the Designer Work Request
- Designer → Maximo: Unapproved design to be used for material forecasting (most probably design)
- Designer ←→ Maximo: Design submitted for approval including referenced PDF job points
- Maximo → Designer: Work Request status updates to keep Designer in sync with Maximo
- Designer → Maximo: Pass the item/assembly libraries. This may be updated for the reverse direction based on the workshops
Why SSP for the Designer-Maximo Integration?
SSP demonstrated a deep expertise in integrating utility work management with graphic work design solutions, including direct experience with Designer-Maximo integrations.
In addition, SSP’s award-winning work with utility GIS and longstanding relationship with CoServ contributed to CoServ selecting SSP.
Results of the Integration
Workflow efficiencies have allowed CoServ to make huge gains in the capital work request process. The specific integration points have streamlined information sharing, sped up estimates, cut down data entry, and improved data integrity in the capital work process.